Thursday, September 30, 2010

Riddle Me

Love?
Hope?
Peace?
Do not make me laugh.
I came here to save you.
And save you I already have.
But you destroyed what I preserved.
And turned what I created into trash.
Just a few simple enemies eliminated
Would have gone a long way
With so many examples to look at
How did you miss what was clear?
Did you think I was joking?
Why did you violate all I said was holy?
Why did you think I would tolerate what had to be removed?
What makes you think you can replace and reinvent me?
You think I'm more powerful than God?
Did you think the prophets were wrong?
Did someone have to introduce you to me?
Let me explain it to all of you dunces
Peter Tosh was able to find me
Columbus Meeker, the real Elijah, found me in someone else's house
And when the first code almost signaled the end
Biggie Smalls had made a pilgrimage
To find me in a nick of time
This really all belongs to me
The world of the destructive and ungrateful
Who did you think you would dupe?
Planet Earth shall become radioactive soup!
And we will see who will remain on my side
One hundred two score and four times a thousand
If so many books are right.
But Jesus Krishna, the Messiah, told you the books would change
And they did!
Did you send my check in the mail?
Did you think I came here to chase tail?
I expected to receive what was promised
Is it possible billions can fail?
Look at the man in the mirror as I do
Can you still love me more than your Father?
Do you love me more than your Mother?
Is it possible to love me more than your child?
Don't say yes when the answer is no
I'm sorry, you'll have to go

No comments:

Post a Comment