Wednesday, October 6, 2010

From June 9, 2008

Dear Gloria,

I remember when I first had a vision of you.

A wide-eyed boy looking at the sun

While I was riding in the family car through the desert.

I saw you as an adult and was told we would have

An Immaculate Conception.

I kept that a secret as long as I could

Because I knew no one would believe me.

When I first saw you in my Dad's art store,

That had the same name as your Dad and your brother,

I remember your dress with bright pink flowers and the big straw hat.

I recognized you instantly as you ran in giggling and got lost.

Who could forget the afternoons in the dog park?

Answering question after question

And solving as many problems as I could

By opening myself up to God for the right responses.

I do not believe I could have done much of it without you there

Despite the fact you interrupted and contradicted me as often as you did.

It seems so strange now.

I was boy when I first saw you

And when we finally had some time to spend together

Twenty five years later

You always seemed like a silly little girl to me.

You and I knew it was over before we even got started

As we played hide-and-seek

In the world only we understood.

I remember going to Koo Koo Roo with our dogs

While being monitored.

I remember sharing coated ice cream at Acapulco.

What happened to you?

Is that why my Dad's store burned down?

Was that a crime or a punishment?

I remember the last vision I had of you during Holy Days.

People have told me they have seen you in their dreams since then.

I would destroy everything I can see right now to be with you again.

But that is not in the cards right now.

No one will ever take your place.

How is it people can believe I am the touch of death

And benefactor of everlasting life?

Only God could make the enigma

That I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment