Thursday, November 4, 2010

ISIS: A poem I wrote for another poet

in forty-five years and half
no one has done what you have
you showed me someone can reciprocate
based on trust earned in one night
everyone else has told me they wanted more
all others wanted to know why
I was not more successful
they never told me they believed in me
that they trusted me
the way you did
is it just because you needed me?
was it just because you were tired?
do you perceive me as the lesser of evils?
did you begin to resent me because
I wanted you to get better?
when everyone else takes more from me than they give
is it any wonder I am stuck in my car?
it is difficult to put into words
the gratitude I feel towards you
whether I see you again on this side
or the other
God knows what you mean to me
all my other friends seem like
a wheel barrow of talk now

No comments:

Post a Comment